Friday 7 December 2012

Christmas bopping

The snow earlier in the week curtailed my planned positive escape into the maws of unknowing known as Christma shopping.  I had done Christmas Shopping before the Ebenezer Scrooge Global Credit Crisis took over my wallet so instead as soon as I got up today I sallied forth into Town and soon it all came back to me. Other christmas shopping spree's had gone hand in hand with a steady pub crawl and I usually bought more things for myself, then anyone else. This time I got away with freebie nip of expensive whiskey in John Lewis' and an Emeli Sande CD, she is from Alford, where coincidently I went out for a trip on my birthday and is within driving distance of Culter if I had a car, or walking distance if I had a few spare days.
It's amazing how shopping, especially if it's not for 3 microwave dinners and a tenner on the gas card, can be such an ennervating and intense experience. I don't think I'd seen so many people, shared the same crisp air as so many people for many a moon. People dressed in the Graduation get ups and their families all smarted up and taking photies of the them, or at just about every corner homeless folk quietly waiting for some unasked backshesh or the odd busker who obviously had no idea which end of the guitar to use but seemed to be enjoying playing it anyway. Suffice to say it was almost like journeying to another country and seeing something new and beautiful with each eyefull until my thoughts were crosseyed.
If I'm lucky I'll realise that I've forgotten someone to buy a present for and get my passport stamped again.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds good, if you can see the Town with new eyes and relish going back there. Hope the passport stamp is a good one, with purple ink and clear - can't stand those fuzzy half-baked near illegible stamps...

    ReplyDelete