Friday 5 February 2016

Somewhere Sweet and Low a poem by Adam Parry

Somewhere Sweet and Low

 
 
 
 
 
Another black coffee caught by the beach.
Netted beside you, I sit at your feet.
I have this picture of this wild road
flowing faster than a vintage car ride.
You climbed every mountain
while I avoided the slightest incline.
I'd soar to the moon if you were beside me,
behind me urging me on.
A back pack of bricks I carry with me now,
so light, like the rain on us time after time. So
light as our footfall when I first made you laugh.
The bricks on me
love lightness and carry me on
through night, and the storm until I hold your hand.

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine the first two lines - you sitting at a certain person's feet, drinking her in. I also like - you climbed every mountain while I avoided the slightest incline! and the back pack of bricks yet the lightness of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sweet and low' - low calorie and naturally sweet, a lovely poem. 'netted beside you' - and the nets don't break, just bend and stretch...

    ReplyDelete