Tuesday 10 May 2016

Two poems from Adam Parry's Accidental Poet

A Battle of Words

The poet eyed the strife,
knew there was an answer.
He looked up random words
all paradoxes of themselves
in a dictionary of love
his eyes wandering for an answer.

He eyed the strife - all his other
experiments had failed him.
He squinted angrily at the stars,
cosmic diamonds crusting, clouding vision.

The poet took to long in looking,
as below the unhurried pace of war raged,
as he raged at his dictionaries of  peace.

Almost turning away
to write some ditties and out-of-time rhymes.
A thought struck
as they so often do,
with a well-timed kick.

the poet went to war then,
for he saw no other way.


New Amusements
You lifted such a weight from me,
my PlayStation.
I fight, but do not kill or maim
your fleshy pixels.

With you I flew through gravity
beyond pain up on our advent.
That I could fly and never die.

So much you taught
and rearranged this staid
insane and fallen man.
This weight you lifted, conjured me
to slide through indecision
and inert positivity.

We flew so far together, yet
still, somewhen: when? We flew apart.
Flew as I floated  in each sound and frown
you left me in.

But, once some sunny day, I took a jet
and grasped each cloudstep on my way,
half imagined in my mind, I left you,
and flew once more as the goose flies south.
Your name behind my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment