Wednesday 21 August 2024

Free Spirit and River by Adam Parry

Free spirt

 ... until a wind took me

from my aimless ways, drove

into window panes, walls,

a battered thought uncaught.

From within me comes the wind that calls.

from within a secret stream of thought

of a bright and luminous love

that can take, but never break me.


********

River

Above the first flow

that runs over rocks and salmon

passed trees and bends in it's banks

beneath the black and blue of the sky

those greens and golds of autumn-land,


above this first flow another river runs.

One of all colours containing

the magic of  a universe of thoughts,

shaded and hued

cleansing the Universe anew

this river flows.


As a wood-Pidgeon

startles me from dreams

she lends me her wings 

mends my mouth with songs 

and I fly

thoughtless

to the opposite bank

and make my nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment