Wednesday 26 January 2022

Happy bird in a tree by Adam Parry

 



Happy bird in a tree singing for me.

He doesn’t know my name but I know it is he.

A blackbird drawn on a blackboard

makes no sense without a song.

The song wakes me in the morning

And holds me lingering in the sun.

Now I record the morning chorus

And linger by a coffee cup –

I wonder if it’s worth washing the windows this year

as the beauty escapes through the scum.




Spring cleaning by A  Parry


A sewing away of silence,

a filing away of my socks in the semi-dark

a filing away my day into the recycle bin.

Watch

the sun come and go

unremarked

unrecalled in the neat pen’s sprawl.

Filing away my collectables

in a precious, long forgotten place

to scatter over floor once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment