Friday 18 June 2010

The day that my new bath arrived

As Ariel said in The Tempest: 'Hell is empty and all the devils are here,' and yes, they turned up at about eight this morning and are stamping about, battering hammers, drilling, sanding and swearing in a Dundonian twang. I am in the eye of the storm today, calm and tranquil as opposed to the raging psychopath I was on Wednesday. The cats are in hiding and probably will be for a while. Last night my neighbours called from Spain to find out if I'd given the gaffer their keys, this I affirmed and Ian asked me if I wanted anything from Spain. I had to think quickly. The deeds to villa on the coast? Mmm. A guitar? No, I'd have to get lessons Some Spanish fly? No, but maybe a Spanish butterfly. A tee shirt, I said, would be nice. Life seems to be on a bit of an upward slide, I'm loving my neighbours, my Father is better than he has been for years on a cranberry and stew diet and Debbie the Dentist fussed over my teeth for over an hour. However I still have not had a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment