Tuesday 1 June 2010

After Edinburgh

Now home, awake at three- I find the need the write becomes overwhelming, my fingers itching to stroke the keys. Had my first holiday this year. Haven't been to great since I fired my psychologist, so it was good to get away and open my horizon's somewhat, see segments of reality that I forgot or choose to ignore, revealing other personalities that are always there whispering as they slowly wake and take the pen from my hand and add their voice to the pages of my Journal. Now though I am home and the hum of the hard drive seems to chew at my memory, so that the thoughts and the half thought out phrases my memory uses to explain dream images, day dreams wandering down Leith Walk, are coincidences caught out place. Perhaps I passed myself that day and didn't give myself a second glance. The old cat was out all the time I was away and now she makes sure I stay put, follows me from room to room as if trying to guess my next move. I will try not suprise her too much.. I know now that the power to act to be, to change, is now, this moment, this present and that forgiveness is here too. I pick up this moment, a diamond on a long stretch of sand. I leave no footprint as if I am the air itself the sun and the sand the diamond calls me too walk unfettered down a new path through the lands of Summer.

1 comment:

  1. hallo 'usual recluse that I am' I have regaled myself with all your blog posts, they had me laughing so that I almost fell off my chair I had not realised your depth of humour writing such comments as I haven't felt so good since I fired my psychologist and your burst of homesickness, that's from an earlier post and lovely phrases like the diamond on a stretch of sand. At least you have cats in your house I only have spies and fliders and night gliders through the open door. xx M

    ReplyDelete